It's not about what God has done to me, but what he has done for Adam...

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Birthday, Adam!!!

One year ago today, at exactly 9:23am, a 4 lb 8.5 oz baby boy was born.  The most precious baby boy ever!  I wish I was celebrating Adam's birthday watching him smash a little cake, toddle all around the living room and try to open his presents.  But instead I celebrated it by baking cupcakes, bringing them to the cemetary and singing "Happy Birthday" while watching sparklers light up in the ground.  So, no, today isn't how I would like to have celebrated my son's first birthday, but overall it was a peaceful time thinking about Adam. 

Adam,
     I love you more than words can even begin to express.  I wish I was able to hold you today, but if mommy can't be there for you, I'm happy that Jesus can.  Please keep watching over us and never forget me and the love I have for you.  I know I will see you again someday, but until then, I will keep celebrating every one of your birthdays because the day you were born was the day that changed my life forever.   Happy 1st Birthday, Adam!!! 
       ~Mommy


Here is something that my friend Rebecca wrote for Adam.  I think it is beautiful and wanted to share it with everyone. 



Psalm for Adam


Your shining eyes we never saw


Your sweet voice we never heard


Your soft breath we never smelled


Your little diapers we never changed


We missed out on so much when you were taken away


Yet God formed you in your mother’s womb (Ps 139:13)


God saw you before you were born (Ps 139:15)


How precious are God’s thoughts about you.


They cannot be numbered (Ps 139:17)


Even the hairs of your head were numbered, you are so precious (Matt 10:30)


Now you are with the alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end (Rev 1:8)


He holds the keys to death and the grave, so we know you are alive with Him (Rev 1:18).


Now you see the throne in heaven, as bright as gemstones, glowing emerald (Rev 4:3)


You sing to God with the angels “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty—the one who always was, who is, and who is still to come.” (Rev 4:8).


You sing to Christ “Worthy is the Lamb” (Rev 5:11)


You will be judged and found pure, little one. You will be a priest of God and Christ and will reign a thousand years (Rev 20:6).


Then every tear will be wiped from our eyes, the tears we cry for you (Rev 21:4)


Then we will be together again.


But until then, we will always remember you, beautiful boy.


Happy Birthday Adam

2 comments:

crystal theresa said...

Happy 1st birthday to your sweet Adam! His birthday cupcake is up at Calvin's Cupcakes. I hope you like it. I hope you had a day filled with peace and love as you celebrate and remember your boy.((hugs))

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Adam!! I know it's way late but I've been MIA for over a week!