It's not about what God has done to me, but what he has done for Adam...

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Another weekly appt....

Went to my weekly appt at the MFM Dr yesterday. It was pretty uneventful, which is actually how I like it anymore. During the ultrasound, we saw that the shunt is still in place. Thank you, God! Adam is now measuring 1 lb 11 oz!! He has grown 6 oz in a week, so next week, he should probably be over 2 lbs. Me , on the other hand have lost 2 lbs. I have been pretty sick since Monday night with a stomach bug and have been losing lots of fluid and haven't been able to successfully replace them. My amniotic fluid is down to a 10 instead of 12, but the Dr thinks its just because I have been dehydrated so I am trying my best to push fluids.

During the ultrasound, the tech said that Adam is practicing his breathing!! Babies usually start to do this around this time and I think its a good sign that hopefully his lungs were able to develop during the critical time when my amniotic fluid was low. If his practicing doesn't mean this, then I am sticking to it being a good thing and thinking that "ignorance is bliss" because I need something good to hold on to these last few months of pregnancy!

That's pretty much all for now. Go back again next week. Hopefully the Dr will have received the Echo report from Miami. He said that if he's not satisfied with the results then he'll schedule an appt with a cardiologist in St.Petersburg, which is what I want no matter what the results say. Doesn't hurt to get a second opinion!

No comments: