I didn't write an update last week because not much changed. I did have a little scare. Adam decided to change positions on me. In doing that he was in a position that I was barely able to feel him move from Sunday afternoon until Wednesday. I felt a few slight movements and hiccups so knew he was alive, but convinced myself that the shunt had fallen out and he didn't have any fluid left and that's why I wasn't feeling him. But during the ultrasound I was assured that he was moving but his kicks were more towards my spine and diaphragm so I couldn't feel much. The shunt was in place and the fluid level was staying about the same. The MFM Dr received the Echo results from Miami and decided he still wanted a second opinion because of an inaccuracy in the report. He thinks that error was in transcription but to be sure we now have an appt in St.Petersburg on Sept 14th to see a pediatric cardiologist.
This week has been a little more eventful for me, and I like UNeventful weeks! During work on Monday I was cramping pretty bad and started spotting a little. I tried to ignore it and go about my day, but when I noticed the spotting a 2nd time, I decided I had to call the Dr. I didn't think it was anything to worry about but they insisted I come in. During the visit, the Dr checked my cervix and it was still closed and thick. Perfect! He also ran a test called fetal fibronectin or FFn. It is a swab that they take that will show if you are at increased risk to go into labor within the next 2 weeks. I was also put on a contraction monitor. It picked up 1 good contraction, but not enough to concern the Dr to do anymore testing. He sent me home on bed rest until Wednesday (today).
Ok, now for today's appts.. Went to the MFM medicine Dr today. There really isn't much to say about that appt. Fluid level is constant, heart is still somewhat asymmetrical, but doesn't look too bad. The Dr (the one I have referred to as being pessimistic) actually came out and said that he thinks the cardiologist is going to say that the heart looks good enough to be considered "normal". = ) Adam is still practicing his breathing and squirming all around. And this is the 2nd time that I have been told that he has HUGE feet. Right now, they are about 2 inches long! They didn't do any other measurements because I just had that done last week, but next week I should be able to give an update on his length and weight. I am 26 weeks 4 days today, an average baby weighs just over 2 lbs and the past 2 measurements he has been right around average.
Rushed from the MFM Dr appt to my regular OB appt. The Dr told me that the FFn test came back negative, so he is pretty confident that I should not go into labor within the next 2 weeks but he can't make a guess past that. He will repeat the test in 2 weeks. He also doesn't want me to work anymore. As nice as it sounds to not work, we cannot financially afford this! I told him that I would rather go on light duty. He ok'd this as long as no other complications arise. So hopefully my work will be able to find a "light duty" job that I can do so I can earn money for a little while longer until he decided that I HAVE to stop working completely.